|Discontinued Item - See HLX Modular Matrix|
- Six inputs, six Cat 5e/6 outputs (plus one local output)
- Component video, digital audio, analog audio
- Expandable up to 18 zones (AVM-562E supports 36 zones)
- Integrated IR routing for source and switching control
- Supports Cat 5e/6 cable runs up to 1000 feet
- Designed and manufactured in Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Categories: Component Matrix, AVAtrix, AVAtrix Head End, Discontinued, Matrix Switcher
The AVAtrix™ provides component video connection of sources, and distributes HD signals up to 1,000 feet away to convenient wallplates mounted wherever televisions are to be located. Supporting component video up to 1080p, along with analog stereo audio, digital coaxial audio, and digital optical audio, the AVAtrix was the industry's first Cat 5 matrix, and still leads the category with a combination of performance, value, and unique features.
Important Configuration Note:
- 6-in, 7-out matrix
- System is expandable up to 36 remote Cat 5 Receiver outputs (order AVM-562E for 19-36 output systems)
- Supports video up to 1080p
- Extends video and audio up to 1,000 feet over Cat 5e/6 cable
- Rack mountable with included 2U rack-mount ears.
This model has capacity for two expanders, such as Models 1176BK
. For example, one 1173BK and one 1176BK, or two 1176BKs can be added to an AVM-562. For larger capacity requirements, use Model AVM-562E
- Distributes video and audio over two Cat 5e/6 cables (or single Cat 5 options)
- Expandable up to 36 remote Cat 5e/6 outputs
- Cross-Converts digital audio - digital coax and optical sources are converted and output as both formats simultaneously
- Capacitive touch front panel - no physical buttons to wear out
- Integrates seamlessly with third-party control systems from Control4, URC, RTI, and more
- Three Cat 5 Receiver options to match any installation scenario (also see single Cat 5 options)
- Component video (YPbPr) - 6/7 (6 x Cat 5e/6, 1 x RCA)
- Digital audio (coaxial and optical) - 6/7 (6 x Cat 5e/6, 1 x RCA)
- Analog stereo audio (L/R) - 6/7 (6 x Cat 5e/6, 1 x RCA)
- RS-232 Serial
- Front panel IR receiver
- Rear panel IR jack (3.5 mm jack)
- IR input on each zone receiver (3.5 mm jack)
- Front panel capacitive touch buttons and knob
The AVAtrix includes an IR routing system that is unique in the industry. The new AVM-562 offers individual IR outputs for each source. This routing system allows IR signals returned from a wallplate to control only the source currently routed to that zone. This design is vital for installations including multiple cable or satellite receivers of the same brand. The AVAtrix also includes a Main IR Output for all signals returned from the remote zones.
IR Routing is not a viable control method for all installations. Before planning to use the AVAtrix's IR routing system in your installation, contact our technical support personnel for more information.
- Video Formats: 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i/p
- Input/Output Impedance: 75 ohms
- Input Ground Isolation: No
- Gain: 1
- Gain Accuracy: 2%
- 3dB Bandwidth: 150MHz
- Input Coupling: AC
- S/N Ratio: 61dB
- Max Gain/Equalization: 1.00 gain
- Input Impedance: 75 ohms/50K ohms
- Min Load Impedance: 75 ohms/10K ohms
- Multi-channel Digital: Yes
- Frequency Response: 10-50KHz
- S/N Ratio: 72dB
- THD+Noise: 0.03%
- Crosstalk: 75dB
- Connector Types (Input): RCA (YPbPr, analog audio, digital coaxial audio), Toslink (digital optical)
- Connector Types (Output): Dual RJ-45 (6 Cat 5 matrix outputs), RCA (local output)
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 16.5 x 9.6 - add 0.5 to height to include feet
- Product Weight: TBD
- Shipping Weight: 11.98 lbs.
- Agency Approvals: FCC, CE
- DC Input Connector: 5.5 x 2.1mm
- DC Input Voltage/Polarity: 18V/Center Positive
- Max DC Input Current: 1.9AmA (1.0A with no Cat 5 Receivers)
- Heat Output: 62 BTU/hr
|In the Box|
- Power Supply: Model 573-003
- IR Remote Control: Model 1105BK
- Rack Mount Ears: Model 1192A
- Internal Bus Connection Cable (Pre-installed): 802-567
- User Manual
Reveiws Coming Soon
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What's the best way to integrate the AVAtrix with a distributed audio system?
A: Our new AVAtrixPLUS package is an ideal way to install audio and video distribution in one system. See other ways to integrate audio with volume control using the 1173BK.
Q: How can I expand the number of outputs on the AVM-562?
A: By adding one or more 1176BK expanders to the AVM-562, the number of Cat 5 outputs can be increased in increments of six. The maximum number of Cat 5 outputs is 36. Order AVM-562E when adding more than two expanders (1176BK or 1173BK).
Q: Can I expand the number of source inputs?
A: The AVAtrix is limited to six sources, but our new HLX system offers up to 12 sources.
Q: Can I use just one Cat 5 cable if I only need component video?
A: Yes, if you use a Model 1110 adapter, any AVAtrix dual Cat 5 output can feed a Model 1180R or 1180RD single-Cat 5 zone receiver. These receivers offer component video and digital audio, but no IR pathway, and no analog audio connections.
Q: My AVAtrix has stopped working – is the power supply bad?
A: Probably not. Unplug the power supply from the AC outlet for a few seconds and then plug it back in. The AVAtrix should immediately return to normal operation. The power supply protects itself when it sees a spike or other power fluctuation either on the input or the load. Since the AVAtrix is on all the time, it does not get reset like most other electronics; therefore it is sometimes necessary to reset the power supply by disconnecting AC power.
Q: What are the main differences beween the AVM-562 and the AVX-561-NR?
A: The AVM-562 contains six source inputs and six Cat 5 matrix outputs in one cabinet the size of the 1156 switcher, so there is no assembly required for the basic 6x7 configuration. The 1108 router is no longer required because its functionality has been incorporated into the AVM-562. Also, the AVM-562 is black. For more detail, see the comparison page here.
Q: What is the difference between the AVX-562 and the AVM-562?
A: There are only minor cosmetic differences related to the model number change; function is identical.
Recommended Accessories (sold separately)
|Cat 5 receivers are required for system installation. Receiver styles include Model 9878 shallow-depth, dual-gang wallplate, Model 9879 Decora-style, single-gang wallplate, and the Model 9880 on-wall or in-wall Cat 5 receiver. |
View a Cat 5 receiver comparison table.
New! Our single Cat 5 receivers offer the same great quality component video but require only ONE Cat 5 cable. Model 1110 adapts the dual Cat 5 output of the AVAtrix to work with single Cat 5 receivers. Digital audio pathway included. Model 1180RD is the Decora-style, single-gang wallplate, and the Model 1180R is the on-wall or in-wall receiver.
|Model 1173BK Multi-Zone Audio Router with Volume Control for integration with whole house audio systems or zone amplifiers. Note: it is necessary to order AVM-562E when using more than one 1173BK.|
|Model 1176BK Matrix Router Expander (receivers sold separately) adds six additional Cat 5 outputs |
|Model 1109A IR Control Bridge to enable in-bound or out-bound traffic on the AVAtrix Cat 5 IR pathway |
|573-003Control Bridge allows control signals to be sent from a head-end control device through the AVAtrix to sources via the Cat 5 IR pathway |